Disability Income Protection

Individual Disability Income Protection Available to Federal Employees

Here are some of the features:

  • No One Is Declined
  • One Rate for All Ages
  • Preexisting Conditions Covered After 12 Months
  • Covers Maternity After 10 months
  • Your Protection Is Good 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 12 Months a Year
  • It Pays in Addition to Sick Leave
  • Disability Income Benefits Sent Directly to You Each Month
  • You Do Not Have to Be in the Hospital or Even Confined at Home to Recieve Benefits
  • Portable
  • Federal Tax-Free Benefits

Federal Employee Video Presentation

How long can you pay your bills and maintain your lifestyle without a paycheck? Short term disability pays when you are injured or sick and unable to do your job!

Postal Employee Video Presentation

Your greatest financial asset is your ability to work. Why would you not insure it?

  • 50% of all home foreclosures are due to a disability!
  • At age 32, the chance of being disabled for 90 days is 6.5 times greater than the chance of death.
  • More than 51 million Americans—18 percent of the population—are classified as disabled.
  • Almost one-third of Americans entering the workforce today—three out of ten—will become disabled before they retire.
  • Car crashes are the leading cause of acquired disability in the United States.
  • Seventy-five percent of disabilities are caused by an illness rather than an accident.
  • In the past hour, almost 3,000 Americans became disabled. That's 49 disabilities every minute!
  • Every year, 350,000 personal bankruptcies are attributed to injuries and unexpected illnesses.
  • Only a small fraction—10 percent—of disabling accidents and illnesses are work-related. The other 90 percent are not, which means that workers' compensation doesn't cover them!

    ⚬ National Association of Insurance Commissioners, US Census Bureau, Social Security Administration, and The National Safety Council